Project Management Certificate Details
The University of Houston School of Continuing and Professional Studies’s Project Management Certificate Program is designed to help project managers and team leaders successfully motivate and lead a team, while coordinating their efforts to ensure workflow stability.
- Understand the typical challenges faced in managing projects and how to address them.
- Understand the importance of the multiple processes required to manage a project effectively (project management, application area process, culture change management process, and team management process).
- Master the practical use of the Process Groups of the PMBOK Guide (Project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control, Closing).
- Master a more practical and logical use of the Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK Guide (Stakeholder, Scope, Quality, Procurement, Communication, Human Resource, Time, Cost, Risk, and Integration Management)
- Master the use of a project planning and control worksheet tool to manage a project effectively.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the project management planning process by working through a comprehensive case study to be completed during the course.